I’m not talking about what the average person would define as wisdom.
19. “For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God.”
1 Corinthians 3:19
And I don’t mean a wisdom that is cheap or is easy to obtain.
15. “It cannot be gotten for gold, neither shall silver be weighed for the price thereof.
16. It cannot be valued with the gold of Ophir, with the precious onyx, or the sapphire.
17. The gold and the crystal cannot equal it: and the exchange of it shall not be for jewels of fine gold.
18. No mention shall be made of coral, or of pearls: for the price of wisdom is above rubies.
19. The topaz of Ethiopia shall not equal it, neither shall it be valued with pure gold.”
I do mean a wisdom that is worth pursuing. That is worth every effort to obtain.
13. “Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
14. For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.
15. She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.”
A wisdom to be chosen above all else.
10. “Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.
11. For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.”
A wisdom abundant with reward and blessing.
17. “But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.”
That is the wisdom of which I speak. For which I strive. Wisdom greater far than anything this world can give. A wisdom beyond price.
Where do we begin?
1. My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
2. So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
3. Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
4. If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
5. Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
6. For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
7. He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.
…The LORD giveth wisdom…
Seek it like you would seek hid tresures. Look for it as if you were looking for silver. Cry after knowledge, and apply your heart to understanding.
Because wisdom is worth more than rubies.